MRCOOL DIY (12k BTU, 500 sq. ft.) Mini-Split Air Conditioner works with Amazon Alexa & Google Assistant)
UP TO $150 in REBATES Available - Check here for availability
Wanna get COOL?
The MRCOOL DIY 2nd Gen. Series Mini-Split Air Conditioner is a high quality, feature-packed, and reliable mini-split unit aimed at the everyday DIY'er. This unit can be installed without any special tools, equipment, or training.
- Quick Connect Easy DIY® Installation
- SmartHVAC App allows you to control your unit from anywhere.
- Follow Me Comfort Tracking
- Coolant Leakage Detection and Alerts
- Corrosion-Resistant Gold Fin® Condenser
- Amazon Alexa® and Google Assistant compatible.
- 12,000 BTU unit will efficiently cool a space up to 500 sq. ft.
- Rated at SEER 17.5 (learn more)
- Manufacturer Warranty: 5 Years Parts / 7 Years Compressor / 1 Year Remote Control
Why HomeTips Loves It
MRCOOL is a U.S.-based company that aims to provide reasonably-priced room temperature control for almost any home type. After looking around, HomeTips feels that they have one of the best feature-sets for the money and a great factory warranty.
The DIY 2nd Gen Mini-Split is easy to install, comes packed with cutting-edge features, and is the only mini-split air conditioner that’s specifically meant for DIY installation. The 115v power input on the 12k unit means you don't even need a 220v hookup.
Required Tools for DIY Installation:
- Drill and Drill Bits
- Hole Saw (3.5")
- Stud Finder
- Spray Bottle of Soapy Water
- Pliers and Adjustable Wrench, or Two Fixed Wrench
Why Buy It Here
HomeTips is a family-owned company, with a high bar for customer service. We only offer warrantied products, so you'll be covered if any problems arise. Unlike larger companies, our staff is always available to answer post-purchase questions, and to help in any way we can.
Features & Benefits
Brick Wall Installation
Wifi App Setup